Italy’s Companies and Exchange Commission (CONSOB) has announced that it is continuing efforts to restrict unauthorized firms from being able to solicit business from italian residents. In a follow-up to previous actions, the regulator is now blocking access to the following websites of companies:
- Ace Capital Ltd (www.ftefxpro.com);
- Ks-securities (www.ks-securities.com);
- “Local Trader” (www.localtrader.app/?lp=10, www.libramarkets.com);
- RMT 500 Ltd (www.rtm500.com);
- Tradepoint Systems Ltd (www.atlantika.io);
- RL Ltd (www.royaltd24.com).
Italy’s government has given CONSOB authority to block websites via orders to internet service providers (ISPs) in the country by a so-called “Growth Decree”. This is a novel approach and gets to the root of the problem – the ability to solicit unsuspecting citizens online. We hope that more regulators around the world are able to adopt such a cooperation between themselves and the institutions governing access to the Internet in order to curb the amount of fraud and scams.